With many corporate companies promoting a hybrid work culture, the work-from-home trend has become the norm today. It may help enrich the productivity of employers, but those working as a team may struggle to coordinate with their colleagues. This problem can be solved if all team members can interact with each other whenever needed. Microsoft Teams is one such software that provides a platform to connect with people anytime, anywhere.
It is a powerful tool that allows people to connect with colleagues through video calling. In addition to chatting, users can exchange important notes and files through Microsoft Teams. You can also share your computer screen with other employees on this platform.
This feature will undoubtedly improve communication and teamwork when you’re working on a collaborative project, presenting a document, or giving a PowerPoint presentation. The meeting administrator must activate the screen sharing option in the settings for other members to use this feature.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to sharing your entire computer screen in Microsoft Teams:
- Open the Microsoft Teams app on your desktop or laptop and join the meeting.
- Click the Share icon (two overlapping squares) available in the meeting control bar that appears at the top or bottom of the window.
- From the next menu, click on the “Desktop” option.
- If more than one monitor is connected to the system, you can also choose which one you want to share.
- When everything is done, tap “Start Sharing”.
To share a specific window in Microsoft Teams:
- From the meeting control bar, go to the Share option.
- Then select “Window” from the list.
- Select the window you want to share with others.
- Click “Start Sharing” to activate it.
Steps to share a PowerPoint presentation:
- Select PowerPoint from the share menu.
- Go to Browse where you can select the PPT file.
- From the following menu, choose how you want to share the presentation (all slides or a specific one).
- To share a whiteboard in Microsoft Teams, users must select an option from the share menu. Screen sharing can be stopped at any time by another by tapping the Share icon.